Law Offices of J. Douglas Angel
Law Offices of J. Douglas Angel
Representing Northwestern Indiana
For Over 40 Years

Get Started Today

Do You Want To Update Your Child Support Order?

There are many reasons a child support order may need to be updated. Your child’s living arrangements may have changed. You may now have your child for more overnights than when your order went into effect. Your child is living with you fulltime and has additional expenses. Your income has changed. Your child’s other parent’s income has dramatically changed. Whatever your circumstances are, financial support for your child is vital to his or her well-being.

At the Law Offices of J. Douglas Angel, our goal is to help your family thrive. We have been helping families throughout Northwest Indiana for decades. We can help you secure the financial support to ensure your children are living their best life. Call our firm today at 219-961-2166 to set an appointment to discuss your legal options for modifying or enforcing your child support order.

Is Your Child’s Other Parent Behind On Making Child Support Payments?

When the other parent does not provide the support your child needs, your child suffers the consequences. Has your former spouse or other parent failed to follow through on the child support obligations set forth in your paternity, divorce decree, or settlement agreement?

Indiana Child Support Rules and Guidelines govern child support obligations. State laws provide methods to enforce payment of child support, such as:

  • Garnishment of wages or unemployment compensation
  • Collecting state or federal tax refunds
  • Seizing insurance settlement payments
  • Taking lottery winnings
  • Driver’s license suspension
  • Withholding professional licenses
  • Stopping hunting and/or fishing license privileges

Indiana Child Support Enforcement Authority is empowered to network with numerous federal and state agencies; for example, it can deny or revoke passports of noncustodial parents who are behind on their child support payments.

Seeking Cooperation First For Efficient Results

Are you seeking a post-decree modification because you are receiving too little or paying too much in child support? Is it time to think about private high school or college education expenses for your child? Child support issues can make even the friendliest of paternity cases, separations, or divorce difficult to solve without the help of a skilled lawyer. Attorney Angel’s highest priority is keeping the best interests of your children at the forefront while resolving child support matters. He believes in negotiating for a cooperative solution before resolving your matter before a family court judge. Email or call our firm at 219-961-2166 to schedule a consultation.